Savory Pancakes with Oats and Veggies
Savory Pancakes with Oats and Veggies presented at the 2020 JKYog International Yoga Fest - quick and easy healthy vegetarian cooking:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Recipe yields about 5 medium sized pancakes
- Oat flour - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1⁄4 cup
- Cumin powder - 1⁄2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1⁄2 teaspoon
- Salt - as per taste
- Water to make batter - about 1 cup
- Oil spray
- 1 Zucchini grated
- Colored bell peppers (finely chopped)
- Spinach chopped
- Fresh or frozen corn
- Beetroot grated
- Cilantro finely chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all the ingredients (except the oil) for the basic batter by adding water gradually to ensure there are no lumps. Keep it aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
- After resting for the bit, the batter will become thick. Add any one combination of vegetables. Suggested combinations are (a) zucchini and bell pepper, (b) spinach and corn, and (c) beetroot and cilantro.
- Add a little water if needed to adjust the consistency. The batter should be of a consistency that would make it easy to pour.
- Place a griddle or non-stick pan on the stovetop on medium high heat.
- Spray oil and pour 1 ladle full batter, spread evenly to make a pancake.
- Cover it with lid. Wait for 3-4 minutes and flip the pancake.
- Let it cook from the other side without covering it this time.
- Serve in a plate with green chutney and/or tomato ketchup and cottage cheese.
Note: You can use any oil or ghee to make pancakes. Onions and green chilies can be added with any vegetable combination.
Check out our other recipes:
Apple Broccoli Salad
Healthy Golden Drink
Kale and Pineapple Juice
Kiwi and Dates Juice
Sweet Vegetable & Herbs Juice