Healthy Cooking: Sweet Vegetable & Herbs Juice
Sweet Vegetable & Herbs Juice presented at the 2020 JKYog International Yoga Fest - quick and easy healthy vegetarian cooking:
Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes
Servings: 1 tall glass
- 1 small Green Apple
- 1small Beet
- 1 Carrot
- One-half lemon
- Variety of herbs: Parsley (two stalks); Curry Leaves (5 leaves); Cilantro (two stalks); Mint (5 leaves); Beet Green (3 leaves)
- Fresh Ginger root (1”)
- Fresh Turmeric root (1”). (If fresh turmeric is not available, you can substitute with 1⁄2 teaspoon of organic Turmeric powder.)
- 1 or more cups of water
- Keep ready a blender (not a juicer), sieve (no nut bag), bowl and a spoon.
- Wash, peel and chop the apple, beet and carrot.
- Thoroughly wash all the herbs and chop them finely.
- Have a clean blender ready to blend. Add 1 cup of water to the blender, lemon juice, chopped apple, beet and carrot. Blend.
- Next check the thickness of the juice. If too thick, add half a cup of water and add the chopped herbs. Blend again. Now the juice is done.
- Keep the sieve on a bowl and pour the juice. Use the back of the spoon to press the blended pulp to squeeze out the juice.
- Your juice is done! Relish and enjoy this nectar.
Note: Feel free to add a pinch of black pepper powder if you like a hint of spice or 1⁄4 teaspoon of chia seeds.
Check out our other recipes:
Apple Broccoli Salad
Healthy Golden Drink
Kale and Pineapple Juice
Kiwi and Dates Juice
Savory Pancakes with Oats and Veggies