Asparagus Dip presented at the 2020 JKYog International Yoga Fest - quick and easy healthy vegetarian cooking:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
- Asparagus – 1 lb. (cleaned and cut)
- Basil leaves - one handful
- Green chili – 1
- Sour cream - 1/3 cup
- Extra virgin Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Almonds (soaked and skinned) - 20
- Little olive oil to drizzle
- Salt per taste
- Black Pepper powder -1 teaspoon (or per taste)
- Turn on the griddle pan to 400 degrees F.
- Break each asparagus between the thumb and forefinger until it breaks. Discard the bottom hard part and keep the softer part.
- Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons or spray olive oil on the griddle.
- Grill the asparagus on the griddle after it heats.
- Sauté till it shows some brown spots. Turn off the heat.
- Let the asparagus cool to room temperature.
- Put asparagus and all ingredients except olive oil in a blender.
- Add little water to blend it in a smooth paste.
- Add olive oil; pulse 2-3 times. Pour the dip in a serving bowl.
Note: If you want to add garlic, grill 4-5 cloves of garlic with asparagus and continue with recipe.
Check out our other recipes:
Apple Broccoli Salad
Healthy Golden Drink
Kale and Pineapple Juice
Kiwi and Dates Juice
Savory Pancakes with Oats and Veggies
Sweet Vegetable & Herbs Juice